According to Virginia’s financial responsibility laws, you need to have car insurance before to buying a vehicle. Drivers don’t always know exactly when they should purchase car insurance, so here are a few tips:
- In order to comply with Virginia law, you should have your car insurance prior to actually purchasing your first vehicle. You wouldn’t want to wreck your car before insurance covers it, so make sure all your insurance coverage is in order before you actually buy your new vehicle.
- Shop around for the best rates. There can be big differences in the cost of car insurance policies from different companies.
- Some car insurance companies give discounts to certain people, such as senior citizens or people active in the armed forces. Ask for discounts and you can save a lot of money.
- If you buy a new car or trade-in your old car, you have 30 days to notify your insurance company of the changes. Your old policy will usually cover your new car in the mean time.
- Get the most insurance you can afford. More insurance is usually not much more expensive per month, and if you ever need it you will be thankful for the extra coverage. The minimum coverage in Virginia is not enough to cover the bills from a serious accident.
- Get lots of uninsured motorist coverage. If somebody without insurance hits you, it might be the only coverage that is available to pay your medical bills. Read my article about Virginia Uninsured Motorist Coverage.
- Medical payments coverage is an optional type of insurance that helps to pay your medical bills if you are involved in an accident. Make sure you ask about including it in your policy.
Car insurance offers financial security against car accidents and can help with other bills caused by the accident. Examine your policy and be mindful of what your insurance entails in order to get the most out of it. To learn more, check out Hidden Inside Secrets Big Insurance Companies Don’t Want You to Know About Your Injury Claim.
What Secrets Don’t Insurance Companies Want You to Know?
Want to know what hidden secrets insurance companies are keeping from you about your insurance claim? Before you settle for less than you deserve, download a copy of my free book that explains their most common tricks.Download Now »
“ I was very thankful for the personal attention that was given to me by all of your staff. When you go through something like I did in the fire, people’s attitudes can make a difference! Thanks for everything! ”
— Patricia Hedrick
“ I feel that my case was handled in a very quick but professional manner. I was very pleased and would recommend your firm to anyone in need. ”
— Robin Truitt
“ My case was handled in a very professional manner, it did not have any of the more common aggravations. ”
— Thomas Queen Jr.
“ I like you as my lawyer because you are always there when I need you. ”
— Iman Saleem
“ I’m proud to say that the lawyer I had was very professional and took his job very personally. I will highly recommend him to any person. Very honest man, tells you the truth, not what you many want to hear. Prayers are with the company. ”
— Nadine Green