Yaz or Yasmin Side Effects Lawyers
Yaz, also known as Ocella, and Yasmin, is the most popular birth control pill in the United States. Yasmin and Yaz dominate the contraceptive market in the US, with an estimated 25% market share. Yaz alone is the top-selling birth control pill in the United States (2008 figures). On the market since 2001, in 2008 Bayer sold about $616 million dollars worth of Yaz, for about an 18% market share of birth control pills. Yaz is not only popular because it prevents ovulation, but also causes changes in the uterine lining and the cervix that makes fertilization much more difficult and also makes it harder for a fertilized egg to attach to the uterus.
Yaz is also used in females 14 and older to treat acne and premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD), as well as other conditions. Yaz has been known for its slogan “Beyond Birth Control” which promotes Yaz as not just a birth control pill but as a lifestyle drug. It should be known that this unique birth control pill that has been called a “miracle pill” by some comes with some potentially life-threatening side effects.
Yaz and Yasmin (drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol) are oral contraceptive combination drugs, meaning they contain a combination of the hormones estrogen (ethinyl estradiol) and progestin (drospirenone). The only difference between these two drugs is the amount of estrogen that they contain (Yasmin, 30 mcg; Yaz, 20 mcg).
Each tablet of Yaz/Yasmine contains 3 mg drospirenone, a progestin hormone. According to the FDA, drospirenone can lead to hyperkalemia, a condition caused by excessive amounts of potassium in the blood of high risk patients. Increased potassium levels in the blood raises the risks of blood clot formation and pulmonary embolism, resulting in potentially serious heart and health problems.
Contact us today by calling (804) 905-9743 . Remember – you don’t pay a dime unless we recover compensation for you.
YAZ LIFE THREATENING SIDE EFFECTS
But what has not been disclosed is that Yasmin has recently encountered problems that have been linked to even more serious side effects than what are listed above. These side effects include:
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) – This is a blood clot within a deep vein, usually in the legs, the pelvis, and sometimes the arms. This is a very painful condition that can lead to a pulmonary embolism (PE) and can ultimately cause death in some cases, if not cause further painful complications.
- Pulmonary embolism (PE) – A Pulmonary Embolism or PE is a condition in which blood is unable to travel through the lung due to a blockage of an artery in the lung. Lung function is compromised and a number of symptoms are experienced. If PE remains undiagnosed and untreated it can often result in death.
If you have taken Yaz and you experience the symptoms of a pulmonary embolism, then you need to seek medical attention as soon as possible.
The symptoms of a PE are:
– A bloody cough
– Chest pain that radiates into the shoulder, arm, neck, or jaw
– A rapid heartbeat
– Shortness of breath that happens suddenly
– Bluish-colored or clammy skin
– Excessive sweating
– Lightheadedness and/or fainting
– Leg swelling
– A weak pulse.
A third of people who have a PE that has not been treated will not survive it. Those who do survive may have to suffer with heart damage and pulmonary hypertension.
Although not all women taking Yaz will develop a PE, there are certain women at higher risk that also seems to be associated with a high risk for blood clots. Those women who are at a higher risk of developing PE while taking Yaz are those who smoke, those over 35, and those who have a family history of PE. For those women over 35 who also smoke, they are encouraged to either stop smoking or to refrain from taking Yaz in order to avoid the potential for a Yaz pulmonary embolism.
- Stroke – Blood clots that may form as a result of using Yasmin can disrupt blood flow to the brain and cause a significant loss in brain function. This clot can also be a result of DVT.
- Heart Attack – Again, blood clots can be a cause. However, other changes that occur within the body can result in changes in the heart. Although these conditions do not happen to everyone, healthy women have sometimes developed a number of serious health issues. For instance, you may find yourself eventually experiencing Yaz heart attack side effects. Although heart attack survival is relatively high, there are times in which it can result in instant death. If you experience a heart attack as a result of taking Yaz, you will have complications with your heart indefinitely. A Yasmine-caused heart attack will change your life forever and you will never be the same after that life-changing event.
Contact us today for your private free consultation at (804) 905-9743.
YASMIN SIDE EFFECTS INCLUDE STROKES & HEART ATTACKS
As for how Yaz can cause heart attack, the chemical drospirenone raises a woman’s blood potassium level. When this occurs, the salt and the water within the body become unbalanced. This, in turn, causes heart and circulatory issues and can cause a woman to fall victim to a heart attack.
And just so you know the symptoms of a heart attack in case you find yourself dealing with one of the Yaz heart attack side effects, here they are:
– Tightness in the chest
– Chest pain
– Shortness of breath
– Pain shooting into your arm, neck, jaw, or head
If you experience one or more of these symptoms, seek medical attention immediately. If you take Yaz, you will want to try to determine if Yaz is the cause. If it is, you may wish to seek the assistance of a lawyer.
- Death – If a problem is undetected or becomes so severe that treatment is unable to stabilize it, death can occur. Such as in the case of a PE, death can be sudden without any warning whatsoever.
In 2009 the FDA cracked down on Bayer, the manufacturers of Yaz, saying they overstated the drug’s ability to treat pimples and improve women’s moods and downplayed the drugs potentially serious side effects. Some of these side effects have been known to be life threatening. Some of the more severe symptoms are usually not disclosed to women taking Yasmin, but the mild symptoms usually are.
Although there has been no official Yasmin recall by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Bayer AG has been notified that their advertising campaigns were misleading regarding side effects. As a result, Bayer AG has been ordered to modify their ad campaigns. The pharmaceutical company must also receive FDA approval before releasing new ad campaigns in the United States. This decision is the result of several class action lawsuits being filed by those affected by undisclosed side effects. At least one of those lawsuits is a federal lawsuit that is alleging that these Yasmin side effects are responsible for several deaths.
If you are interested in finding out if you are eligible to participate in a Yasmin Lawsuit / Yaz Lawsuit or have any questions regarding the Yaz Side Effects please contact us today. Our attorneys are dedicated to providing victims of Yaz and their families with the compensation they deserve after suffering serious side effects, pulmonary embolism, heart attacks and death.
Contact Our Yasmin Lawyers & Attorneys
Contact our Yaz Side Effects Lawyers & Attorneys today by calling (804) 905-9743. Remember – you don’t pay a dime unless we recover compensation for you.
Get our book: Accident Injury Book: Hidden Inside Secrets Big Insurance Companies Don’t Want You to Know About Your Injury Claim for no charge, if you live in Virginia. Contact O’Bryan Law today at (804) 905-9743 or (804) 719-1900.