If you wreck your car or truck in an accident and suffer an injury there are certain things you should do.
- Call the police. They can often provide great assistance in determining who caused the wreck, whether the accident involved a car, truck, tractor trailer, pedestrian, bicycle or other motor vehicle. The police report can provide aid to determining liability.
- Exchange information with the other driver. Get their full name, business and residential address, home and office phone numbers, and the name of their insurance company.
- Get information from any witnesses to the accident and take notes about what happened before, during and after the accident to help you remember later in case you need to file suit to receive compensation for injuries and damage. Taking photos of the accident scene can also be valuable.
- Seek medical attention, even if you don’t think you were injured. There are many cases where the shock of the accident might mask your symptoms. There may also be soft-tissue injuries to your neck or back where pain is not immediately felt.
- Consult an attorney who specializes in personal injury accident law. An experienced lawyer can be valuable in assisting you to get the most money for your claim. Your attorney will also contact the insurance adjuster and help you with this stressful event in your life.
What Secrets Don’t Insurance Companies Want You to Know?
Want to know what hidden secrets insurance companies are keeping from you about your insurance claim? Before you settle for less than you deserve, download a copy of my free book that explains their most common tricks.Download Now »
“ I was very thankful for the personal attention that was given to me by all of your staff. When you go through something like I did in the fire, people’s attitudes can make a difference! Thanks for everything! ”
— Patricia Hedrick
“ I feel that my case was handled in a very quick but professional manner. I was very pleased and would recommend your firm to anyone in need. ”
— Robin Truitt
“ My case was handled in a very professional manner, it did not have any of the more common aggravations. ”
— Thomas Queen Jr.
“ I like you as my lawyer because you are always there when I need you. ”
— Iman Saleem
“ I’m proud to say that the lawyer I had was very professional and took his job very personally. I will highly recommend him to any person. Very honest man, tells you the truth, not what you many want to hear. Prayers are with the company. ”
— Nadine Green