How much money will I get for my accident case? What is the real value of my car wreck case? Is there a limit to how much I can collect?
This is a frequently asked question for sure, and also one that is virtually impossible to answer. You should avoid any lawyer that states a value to you right away because there are too many things to consider. Each case is different.
To arrive at a fair settlement, one needs to look many different factors:
- The strength of the case and amount of fault. Virginia is a contributory negligence state. This means that if you are in any way at fault for the accident, you are not entitled to a settlement.
- The local practice and precedents. You are often likely to get more in a big city than a rural area or in a rich state rather than a poor state.
- The severity of the injury and how long it will continue.
- How clear the tie is between the accident and the injury or symptoms.
- How much insurance there is
- Who the lawyer is and how well they negotiate and their trial skills
At O’Bryan law we are happy to give free consultations about your Virginia or North Carolina car or truck accident injury or dog bite case. Feel free to call (804) 905-9743.
What Secrets Don’t Insurance Companies Want You to Know?
Want to know what hidden secrets insurance companies are keeping from you about your insurance claim? Before you settle for less than you deserve, download a copy of my free book that explains their most common tricks.Download Now »
“ I was very thankful for the personal attention that was given to me by all of your staff. When you go through something like I did in the fire, people’s attitudes can make a difference! Thanks for everything! ”
— Patricia Hedrick
“ I feel that my case was handled in a very quick but professional manner. I was very pleased and would recommend your firm to anyone in need. ”
— Robin Truitt
“ My case was handled in a very professional manner, it did not have any of the more common aggravations. ”
— Thomas Queen Jr.
“ I like you as my lawyer because you are always there when I need you. ”
— Iman Saleem
“ I’m proud to say that the lawyer I had was very professional and took his job very personally. I will highly recommend him to any person. Very honest man, tells you the truth, not what you many want to hear. Prayers are with the company. ”
— Nadine Green