How to Choose a Car Accident Lawyer in Richmond, Virginia
If you’ve been involved in a car accident in the Richmond, Virginia area, hiring an auto wreck lawyer may be one of the first things to think about. We’re not saying this just because we are lawyers who want your business. Even if we weren’t attorneys, we’d still offer the same advice.
Many people try to contact the insurance companies on their own, but this is probably the most common and most costly mistake people make.
Did you know that you could probably get double, if not triple, the amount of money from the insurance companies if you hire a lawyer? You want as much money as you can in order to get the right medical treatment for your injuries, if any. It’s the insurance company’s job to give you as little as possible for your wrecked car claim. Generally speaking, most of the time the insurance company could care less about your injuries.
Now that you understand the importance of hiring a car accident lawyer in Richmond, Virginia, it’s time to figure out which lawyer is best for you. Here are a few tips to help you decide:
- Hire a lawyer who specializes in car accident or personal injury cases. A lawyer who specializes in this area is more knowledgeable about the procedures and laws involved in car accident cases. Just like you would only want a heart surgeon operating on your heart, you should hire a lawyer who knows everything about car accidents.
- Interview several lawyers and ask them about their experience. Ask yourself how comfortable you feel talking to each lawyer. You should hire a lawyer who has a genuine interest in helping you. You don’t want a lawyer who only cares about collecting money from you.
- Ask friends, family, or neighbors if they have any recommendations or know of a good car accident lawyer in your area. Oftentimes the best lawyers are the ones who don’t do any advertising. For these lawyers, most of their business comes from happy clients who refer people to them.
- Is the lawyer active in the legal community or a member of any association? Typically, lawyers who are active and involved in groups are the ones who tend to be more helpful and connected.
- Don’t hire a lawyer just because you saw their commercial on TV. Sure, their TV persona may appear good, but do they really have the experience or desire to help you?
Finding a good car accident lawyer in Richmond, Virginia may take a bit of time and research on your part, but the effort will definitely be worth it. Don’t try to tackle this situation yourself. You can save a great deal of time and money by hiring a lawyer to represent you.
What Secrets Don’t Insurance Companies Want You to Know?
Want to know what hidden secrets insurance companies are keeping from you about your insurance claim? Before you settle for less than you deserve, download a copy of my free book that explains their most common tricks.Download Now »
“ I was very thankful for the personal attention that was given to me by all of your staff. When you go through something like I did in the fire, people’s attitudes can make a difference! Thanks for everything! ”
— Patricia Hedrick
“ I feel that my case was handled in a very quick but professional manner. I was very pleased and would recommend your firm to anyone in need. ”
— Robin Truitt
“ My case was handled in a very professional manner, it did not have any of the more common aggravations. ”
— Thomas Queen Jr.
“ I like you as my lawyer because you are always there when I need you. ”
— Iman Saleem
“ I’m proud to say that the lawyer I had was very professional and took his job very personally. I will highly recommend him to any person. Very honest man, tells you the truth, not what you many want to hear. Prayers are with the company. ”
— Nadine Green