It’s been a hot summer in most parts of the country, and the Richmond area is no exception. Many people are out enjoying summer vacation and taking road trips with their families. Long distance driving during the summer time has its own set of challenges and hot weather can be rough on cars, so it’s important to be prepared before hitting the road. Here are 5 tips to for a safe summer road trip:
1. Check the air pressure in all tires. Tire blowouts are very common during the summer months due to low tire pressure. The lower your tire pressure, the hotter your tire gets, which will cause it to pop.
2. When driving at night, make sure your front window is squeaky clean. Carry a bottle of glass cleaner and a roll of paper towels or micro-fiber cloth in your trunk to clean your windows and rear-view mirrors every few hours. Also, replace any ragged or broken windshield wipers.
3. During long-distance trips you will likely come across large cargo trucks and tractor trailers. Avoid following close behind and do not drive along side them.
4. Rest or take a nap anytime you feel sleepy. There are ways you can stay awake like drinking coffee or opening the window for fresh air, but nothing beats drowsy driving than good ole fashioned rest. When you’re sleepy, your reaction time slows down, which increases the likelihood of an accident.
5. Before the trip, find out all the radio stations to check traffic and road conditions for the route you will be taking.
Hopefully these tips will help you have a safer summer road trip and avoid any accidents! Have fun and send us a postcard 🙂
“ I was very thankful for the personal attention that was given to me by all of your staff. When you go through something like I did in the fire, people’s attitudes can make a difference! Thanks for everything! ”
— Patricia HedrickRead More »
“ I feel that my case was handled in a very quick but professional manner. I was very pleased and would recommend your firm to anyone in need. ”
— Robin TruittRead More »
“ My case was handled in a very professional manner, it did not have any of the more common aggravations. ”
— Thomas Queen Jr.Read More »
“ I like you as my lawyer because you are always there when I need you. ”
— Iman SaleemRead More »
“ I’m proud to say that the lawyer I had was very professional and took his job very personally. I will highly recommend him to any person. Very honest man, tells you the truth, not what you many want to hear. Prayers are with the company. ”
— Nadine GreenRead More »