It’s been a harsh winter on the East Coast and Virginia is no exception. There have been scores of accidents, and recently in Albermale County two women were killed when the driver lost control of the car and crashed into a tree. The police say that the icy roads were probably the cause of this unfortunate accident.
So, what steps should you take so that you can avoid this type of accident?
• For starters, it’s important to drive slowly at a speed that you are comfortable with. Don’t allow other drivers to rush you. Just stay calm and continue to drive at a consistent speed.
• If you have to come to a stop, make sure to start slowing down sooner than you normally would.
• Keep a safe distance between you and the car in front of you. Keep in mind that it will take longer to slow down or stop on icy or snowy roads, so the longer the distance between you and other cars, the better.
• If you feel your car starting to skid, release the brake and turn the steering wheel in the direction of the skid.
• Make sure your tire tread is in good condition. Your tires need good traction on the road surface, so it’s a good idea to check your tires on a regular basis as part of regular car maintenance.
Of course, the best way to avoid an accident on icy roads is to not drive at all. However, if you absolutely must drive, the key thing to remember is to drive slow, stay calm, and stay focused on the road.
For more driving tips go to WayneOBryanLaw.com.
“ I was very thankful for the personal attention that was given to me by all of your staff. When you go through something like I did in the fire, people’s attitudes can make a difference! Thanks for everything! ”
— Patricia HedrickRead More »
“ I feel that my case was handled in a very quick but professional manner. I was very pleased and would recommend your firm to anyone in need. ”
— Robin TruittRead More »
“ My case was handled in a very professional manner, it did not have any of the more common aggravations. ”
— Thomas Queen Jr.Read More »
“ I like you as my lawyer because you are always there when I need you. ”
— Iman SaleemRead More »
“ I’m proud to say that the lawyer I had was very professional and took his job very personally. I will highly recommend him to any person. Very honest man, tells you the truth, not what you many want to hear. Prayers are with the company. ”
— Nadine GreenRead More »