A dog bite at a Northern Neck kennel prompts the state of Virginia to pass a law that limits kennels to 50 dogs only. This new law just went into effect on January 1st.
Dalin Kennels of Richmond County is owned by Lynn DeRosa who has been breeding, showing, and selling poodles since 1965. According to county records, DeRosa had obtained 160 licenses. The dog bite started an investigation and questions were raised by animal activists as to the condition of the kennel.
If a dog in the Richmond area has bitten you, here are some steps to take:
1. Take mental note of the breed, size, and color of the dog. If the dog bite happened near your home – do you recognize the dog from the neighborhood?
2. Treat the wounds as best as you can and/or see a physician if the bite looks serious.
3. If you know who the owner of the dog is, notify them immediately.
4. Contact local authority if you were bitten without provocation. An animal control officer will conduct an investigation and take the necessary steps to see that something like this doesn’t happen again.
5. Contact a Richmond lawyer who specializes in dog bites.
For more information, visit our previous post about dog bites in Richmond, Virginia.
“ I was very thankful for the personal attention that was given to me by all of your staff. When you go through something like I did in the fire, people’s attitudes can make a difference! Thanks for everything! ”
— Patricia HedrickRead More »
“ I feel that my case was handled in a very quick but professional manner. I was very pleased and would recommend your firm to anyone in need. ”
— Robin TruittRead More »
“ My case was handled in a very professional manner, it did not have any of the more common aggravations. ”
— Thomas Queen Jr.Read More »
“ I like you as my lawyer because you are always there when I need you. ”
— Iman SaleemRead More »
“ I’m proud to say that the lawyer I had was very professional and took his job very personally. I will highly recommend him to any person. Very honest man, tells you the truth, not what you many want to hear. Prayers are with the company. ”
— Nadine GreenRead More »