If you’ve been involved in an auto wreck, you can benefit from hiring a Richmond car accident lawyer to help you with your case. An experienced lawyer usually stays updated on current laws and can help communicate with police authorities and insurance companies regarding the accident. This will help alleviate any pressure or stress on your part. It’s already enough to deal with any injuries that you may have suffered!
Your initial consultation with a lawyer will involve many questions regarding the circumstances and events surrounding the car accident. So what information will you need to know before you meet with your lawyer? Here are a few things to think about and prepare:
- What was the exact location of the accident and what was the road like (wet, bumpy, potholes, etc.) on that day?
- Did you take any photographs of the accident? If so, bring them with you to the meeting. Also, if you have any, also bring photographs of your car before the accident.
- Were there any witnesses or other parties involved in the accident? Write down all their names and telephone numbers. If another party was involved, bring their insurance information.
- If you went to the hospital or saw a chiropractor after the accident, what diagnosis or treatments did you receive? What symptoms are you experiencing at the moment?
- How extensive are the damages to your vehicle? Have you already received an estimate for damages from an auto mechanic?
Any and all paperwork pertaining to your accident should be brought to the meeting with your lawyer. This will help the process of collecting information and filing a claim go much smoother and quicker. The more information you have, the better.
During the meeting, your lawyer should be able to tell if your case has potential and whether or not there is sufficient evidence to prove that the other driver acted negligently. Your lawyer should also give you an idea of how long your case will take to be completed.
Finding the right person to help you with your case is an important step to consider. You deserve to be represented by a professional personal injury lawyer who will protect your rights and ensure that you receive a fair settlement for the pain and suffering, loss of wages, and damages to your vehicle. A lawyer who specializes in these types of cases will help you investigate the accident, fill out all the insurance paperwork, and if necessary, assemble together expert witnesses if your case does go to court.
“ I was very thankful for the personal attention that was given to me by all of your staff. When you go through something like I did in the fire, people’s attitudes can make a difference! Thanks for everything! ”
— Patricia HedrickRead More »
“ I feel that my case was handled in a very quick but professional manner. I was very pleased and would recommend your firm to anyone in need. ”
— Robin TruittRead More »
“ My case was handled in a very professional manner, it did not have any of the more common aggravations. ”
— Thomas Queen Jr.Read More »
“ I like you as my lawyer because you are always there when I need you. ”
— Iman SaleemRead More »
“ I’m proud to say that the lawyer I had was very professional and took his job very personally. I will highly recommend him to any person. Very honest man, tells you the truth, not what you many want to hear. Prayers are with the company. ”
— Nadine GreenRead More »